Updated: Feb 6
Romantic relationships can be magical, sensual, and fill us with a sense of being loved. We feel validated and on top of the world. Many of us (including the old me) dread being single because of deep-seated beliefs. Society tells us that we are better off in marriage and couple-hood; that it is the way to living happily ever after. Many of us feel that if we are alone, we might be unlovable. We are influenced that being single equals lack, so we look at our bodies, bank accounts, and job titles and feel inadequate.
Heartbreak can affect every aspect of our lives. When we are down in the dumps after losing someone we adore, depression can set in and paralyse us. Some people compare breakups to addiction through a similarly painful process of withdrawal. When our relationships fall apart, it can leave us devastated, heartbroken, and grieving.
It is time to take back your own power. In the moments we miss the external object of our affection, we must look to ourselves to create the life we say we desire.
Here are Devina Kaur’s 7 Tips to Tackle a Broken Heart:
1. Take time for the little things, such as enjoying a quiet cup of coffee in the morning, snuggling your cat (s), or painting for an hour a day. It should be something that allows you to lose yourself in the moment.
2. Take on a new passion project like learning to fly a plane, challenging yourself to a marathon, or volunteering for a cause that you believe in.
3. Get intimate. No, I am not talking about masturbation. Intimacy is about sharing our vulnerability, special moments, and trust. Friends and family can be intimate partners without being sexual ones.
4. Travel. Why wait? The world is our oyster and there is so much to see, learn, taste and enjoy. Traveling broadens our understanding of the world and people. It also teaches us about ourselves. Are we adventurous, or happy in an all inclusive. History, architecture, food, languages… So much to explore.
5. Date night. Take yourself out on the town, people watching, to a museum, a movie, restaurant, join a salsa dancing group, or see a concert. A good night out is a great way to meet people with common interests.
6. Create a balanced lifestyle routine that allows you to focus on you, as well as your pleasure, passion, health, fitness, career, social activities, hobbies, friends, and family.
7. MASTURBATE! The list would not be complete without it. Enjoy the gift of orgasm. It is linked to better mood, stress relief, and longevity as well as immune system support. Explore your body and discover new turn ons. Most importantly have fun. It is just for you.
When you find yourself on your own, either intentionally or unintentionally, there is power to be found in being single. Focus on building your own base, your own self-sustenance to be able to share abundantly with those you love. Sign up for The Power of Being Single by me, Devina Kaur. This course supports you in your journey!
Much love always,
Thank you for reading, we value your visit immensely. Please leave us a comment as your feedback helps us write better! Thanks in advance!